Monday, August 11, 2014

Where's the Rest of Me?!

I'm three weeks out from my surgery and doing well.  Last Thursday, during my first visit to the post-transplant clinic, my staples were removed.  However, my drain is still installed, no doubt because of all the broken kidney cysts the contents of which still need to be removed from the surgery site.

You can get some idea of the amount of fluid that had been building up inside me prior to the surgery by looking at some before-and-after pictures:

Between July 30 (the day after I came home) and this past weekend, I lost FORTY POUNDS.  I had almost forgotten what my kneecaps and ankles looked like!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you're doing well!

Pan Miluś said...

Wow! And to think few day ago I was braging about how I lost 40pounds in six months...

You look great :D

GeoX, one of the GeoX boys. said...

Wow--that's quite a thing. Looks like that ONE WEIRD TRICK worked out for you :p Glad you're doing so well.

Ryan Wynns said...

Chris,

I share Anonymous' sentiment! You look healthy and energetic in the "after" picks ... and we wouldn't want it to be the other way around!

-- Ryan

Chris Barat said...

Well, I wouldn't wish this WEIRD TRICK on anyone else if they could help it. :-) Still dropping weight BTW -- down to 205 this am.

Chris

Judy Donnenfeld said...

Looking good! Congratulations.

Chris Barat said...

Judy,

Thank you! Still at 205 as of this am, so it looks as though I'm keeping to a reasonable diet and/or getting enough exercise at present.

Chris

Judy Donnenfeld said...

That's wonderful. I wish you years of good health.