Monday, February 23, 2015

Service Information from NickyBarat

Hi guys,
As most of you know, Chris passed away peacefully on Sunday February 22nd after a brief and sudden complication from his kidney transplant.

I know he held all of his blog followers in high esteem and I know he would have wanted me to post this last message to you all.

His funeral mass will be at Sacred Heart Church, Glyndon, MD at 10am on Saturday February 28th.  There will be an additional smaller service in Wilmington, DE within a week for the burial service as it was his wish to be interned near his dad.  The specific date and time will be determined shortly.  This will make it easier for his New York buddies to say goodbye.

In lieu of flowers, Chris wanted any donations to go to St. Mark's HS at:
www.stmarkshs.net/HowtoGive

An obituary has been posted on:
http://www.eckhardtfuneralchapel.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=2975041&fh_id=11311

Thanks for all of your support.

12 comments:

Chris Barat said...

****UPDATE****
FOR NEW YORK FRIENDS AND FAMILY

Prayer service at 1pm Wednesday 3/4/15 at All Saints Cemetary in Wilm DE in the Chapel of the Risen Christ

Joe Torcivia said...

Far more than merely a member of our little Blogging community, Chris was one of my closest and very best friends since 1987, and one with whom I shared a great many wonderful experiences over that time. It's hard to imagine the particular types of fun our group of fandom and blogging friends has had, and not think of him. He will be so very, very missed.

Comicbookrehab said...

I'm sorry to hear that Chris has passed away - I enjoyed reading this blog a lot and reading his responses to my comments, as well as comments he would post on my blog, which was very nice. Farewell, Chris. R.I.P

Drew said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Though I never commented, I've been a regular reader for some time and always found Chris knowledgeable and engaging in his posts. True passion for one's subject matter is something that can't be faked, and it always shone through. My deepest condolences.

Pan MiluĊ› said...

My deep condolences. Chris was very smart, nice and honest reviewer and I enjoyed rereading all his articles. I'll will miss him a lot and have him in my prays.


his fan,
Maciej Kur from Poland

Anonymous said...

I had Chris Barat for Statistics last year and am also an alumni of ST. Marks High School. I am deeply saddened to hear of his passing. He was a kind hearted, intelligent man and will be deeply missed by students and professors alike. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Yamamoto-Kou said...

I haven't been a silent follower of his blog for long, but the news of his passing has shaken me deeply.

He will be sorely missed.

Dan B said...

:(

Dan B said...

:(

Anne said...

And just three days before Disney announced a new DuckTales series, too. :( I wonder what he would be thinking about that.

Daniel J. Neyer said...

My condolences to you, Nicky; I was a regular reader and occasional commenter on this blog, and will really miss Chris, and his writing; his terrific reviews of Ducktales helped to revive my childhood love of that show, and his reviews of other comics, books, cartoons, and films were always interesting and always worth reading. R.I.P.

John said...

I'm very sorry to hear this. Like Drew, I've enjoyed this blog as a regular, albeit non-commenting, reader. I'll be sure to keep his family in my prayers.