Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Belated Update

Sorry for the long, long silence.  I got back from the AP Reading in Kansas City last Wednesday, and Nicky and I have since been supervising the complete reconstruction of our kitchen, so things are in a bit of a mess.  In addition to that, my CPAP machine, which I use to combat my sleep apnea, is broken and I can't get a new one until the first week of July at the earliest, so I haven't been getting quality sleep.

I can let loose with the good news that my kidney transplant surgery is now officially scheduled for July 21 at Johns Hopkins.  I was planning on attending another statistics meeting in Arizona the week prior to that but was advised to cancel those plans.  If the surgery goes well, I'll have to lay out a minimum of 6-8 weeks from school, because I'll be taking anti-rejection medication and my immune system will be temporarily compromised.  I may come back to teach the remainder of the Fall semester after that, or Stevenson may ask me to wait until spring, as they did when I had my hematoma last Fall.  The exact plan is unknown as yet.

I should resume regular blogging activities in the next day or two.

3 comments:

Joe Torcivia said...

Good... nay, GREAT luck with the surgery, Chris!

GeoX, one of the GeoX boys. said...

I was going to say pretty much exactly the same thing as Joe. Best wishes.

Pan Miluś said...

I'm with Joe and GeoX. Let the force be with you :)