Saturday, June 4, 2011

THFT!'s All, Folks!

THE HARVEYVILLE FUN TIMES! #75, containing my final RICHVILLE RUMINATIONS column, is now available from Mark Arnold. Mark is stepping down as editor and turning the reins over to Ben Samuels. I'm pretty much "tapped out" in terms of talking at length about "classic" RICHIE RICH and figured that this was as good a time as any to close up shop. I will, of course, continue to comment on matters Harvey in N&V.

It occurs to me that RICHVILLE RUMINATIONS, lasting as it did from 1993 to 2011, represents the single longest lasting non-familial commitment of my life. During the time that I produced the column, I changed jobs once, moved twice, got married, cycled through several dogs... the list goes on. I've been writing about Disney comics and sundry other matters since the late 80s, but those efforts were spread over several venues, both print and electronic. Writing for THFT! for 18 years... who'da thunk? Thanks for giving me the opportunity, Mark.

1 comment:

Joe Torcivia said...

...And how many Disney AND Harvey publishers have we had in that span?! The mind boggles!

Thanks, Mark! For ALL those great years!