Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ripping Me a New/Old One

I had surgery Wednesday morning to repair my umbilical hernia, so I'm in a fair bit of pain at the moment. Not enough to require the use of heavy-duty pain medication, but enough to make getting up from a sitting or lying position something of a chore. The stitches are right over my belly button (or what is left of it), and if I'm not careful getting up, it can feel as though my abdomen is tearing open. Nicky is staying close to minister to my needs, but hopefully the worst of the pain will subside by this weekend. A follow-up visit is slated for the 22nd.

6 comments:

Mark Lungo said...

Yeesh! Hope you feel better soon, Chris!

GeoX, one of the GeoX boys. said...

Glad to hear that the worst seems to be over, at any rate.

Ryan Wynns said...

Seconded -- hope you feel better soon! Sounds like you're not letting it get you down and "owning it", and glad to hear that you expect a relatively quick recovery!

Ryan

ramapith said...

Geez! Likewise... poor you! Be strong, both of you...

Chris Barat said...

Thanks, everyone, for the good wishes. I definitely have less pain today.

Chris

Joe Torcivia said...

Chris:

Best wishes and get well SOOOO "soon" that it happened last week!

Joe.