Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Enjoying the Anguish?

That is, the anguish of waiting for my DUCKTALES RETROSPECTIVE on "Allowance Day"?  Well, I've been undergoing a fair amount of anguish of my own lately, some expected (the run-up to final exams, most of which I am giving early in exam week) and some not (the combination of a new blood pressure medication and some issues with my CPAP device resulting in a string of nights with broken and/or little sleep).  I did manage to start the "Allowance Day" writeup over the weekend, but I'm not sure when I'll finish it.  I'm also a little behind on the My Little Pony comics and episode updates...

... but I hope to belt one out soon, before I run smack into the conclusion of the season (the wrapping up of the Equestria Games and "Mysterious LOCKBOX OF DOOM" seasonal arcs). At least I finally got a decent amount of sleep last night...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good health.

General Chiquita is what TV Tropes would call a Karma Houdini - and a major one at that. He nearly executes Scrooge and Fenton and gets away with it - and presumably maintains his dictatorship once they leave. Prior despotic rulers on DuckTales had been overthrow (or worse) after tangling with Scrooge & co. (i.e. Sphinx for the Memories, The Duck in the Iron Mask, The Duck Who Would Be King.

I suppose like Manuel Noriega he was a CIA (or in this case, a DIA) "asset". Hopefully the near-summary execution of two Americans led to a shakeup down the road.

Pan Miluś said...

My guess is you enjoyed the newest "Rarity goes insane" episode ;)
Very good story, I enjoyed Spike and I think the actress who played Rarity had a lot of fun during the recording.

The only thing I found lame was the final joke involing Twilight.